Responsible for overseeing the operations of on premise and off premise catering events and staff including; event set up configuration, event breakdown, coordinating day of with Event Planners and Executive Chef, and directing banquet supervisors/captains.
- Work directly with clients to guarantee that events are successful; responsible for making sure that customers are satisfied with the quality of food and service they receive. Manage all details of event from planning, to set-up and break-down, to event day details. Manage client relationships, including obtaining and resolving feedback after each event.
- Vigorously involved in the training, improving, and motivating of existing catering staff. Accomplish human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees to include proper documentation; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Oversees scheduling of staff, optimizing staffing levels to insure compliance with budgeted/industry standard labor costs while securing high customer satisfaction.
- Oversees ordering of beer, wine and liquor for Catering. Coordinates and submits orders on behalf of the Bata Club. Supervises monthly inventory of all alcohol. Ensures inventory is accurate and properly priced prior to submission to Accounting Manager.
- Provides feedback, data, and input for the annual budget process; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements and analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations, most importantly insuring compliance with Harford County Liquor Rules & Regulations.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with vendors and internal customers.
- Considerable knowledge of: a variety of office, technical, and maintenance supplies and materials; how to identify the best sources; and appropriate prices for the procurement of such goods.
- Knowledge of the application of bookkeeping principles and methods of the keeping of procurement records.
- Review and complete furniture and equipment orders.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university with at least five (5) years of related experience, or high school diploma and at least ten (10) years, of related experience with a minimum of three (3) years working in a supervisory position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong leadership skills and comfortable managing others; good communicator; ability to motivate, guide, coach and direct staff through effective communication and team building skills in order to achieve financial goals.
- Enjoy a fast paced environment; think well on their feet.
- Experience in a catering/conference center setting.
- Able to work in a team setting with a team of diverse staff and co-workers.
- Imaginative, creative, resourceful, and highly self-motivated.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work accurately with figures and manage a budget.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of Harford County Liquor Rules & Regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
- ServSafe and Alcohol Awareness Certification preferred.
- Must be able to acquire and fully understand data from verbal and written (hard copy as well as electronic versions) sources
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal customers, vendors, personnel by use of personal meetings, telephone, and/or electronic/computer systems.
- Must be able to perform duties on a scheduled and routine basis.